The negotiation between Iran and IAEA delegation started, Iran state TV website IRIB News reported on Feb. 13.
IAEA delegation, headed by the international body's Deputy Director General And Chief Inspector, Herman Nackaerts, arrived in the Iranian capital, Tehran, last night.
Nackaerts and his team will later Wednesday hold talks with Iranian nuclear officials and press for access to suspect documents, nuclear officials and especially the Parchin military base, where nuclear weapons parts have allegedly been tested, DPA reported.
Tehran said Tuesday a visit to the Parchin base near Tehran by the IAEA would be possible if the country's right to a civilian nuclear programme were acknowledged.
In a series of meetings over the past year, both sides have been unable to agree on the conditions under which such investigations would go forward.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?