The negotiation between Iran and IAEA delegation started, Iran state TV website IRIB News reported on Feb. 13.
IAEA delegation, headed by the international body's Deputy Director General And Chief Inspector, Herman Nackaerts, arrived in the Iranian capital, Tehran, last night.
Nackaerts and his team will later Wednesday hold talks with Iranian nuclear officials and press for access to suspect documents, nuclear officials and especially the Parchin military base, where nuclear weapons parts have allegedly been tested, DPA reported.
Tehran said Tuesday a visit to the Parchin base near Tehran by the IAEA would be possible if the country's right to a civilian nuclear programme were acknowledged.
In a series of meetings over the past year, both sides have been unable to agree on the conditions under which such investigations would go forward.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel
- Senate Not So Keen on Budget Deal