The negotiation between Iran and IAEA delegation started, Iran state TV website IRIB News reported on Feb. 13.
IAEA delegation, headed by the international body's Deputy Director General And Chief Inspector, Herman Nackaerts, arrived in the Iranian capital, Tehran, last night.
Nackaerts and his team will later Wednesday hold talks with Iranian nuclear officials and press for access to suspect documents, nuclear officials and especially the Parchin military base, where nuclear weapons parts have allegedly been tested, DPA reported.
Tehran said Tuesday a visit to the Parchin base near Tehran by the IAEA would be possible if the country's right to a civilian nuclear programme were acknowledged.
In a series of meetings over the past year, both sides have been unable to agree on the conditions under which such investigations would go forward.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry