The negotiation between Iran and IAEA delegation started, Iran state TV website IRIB News reported on Feb. 13.
IAEA delegation, headed by the international body's Deputy Director General And Chief Inspector, Herman Nackaerts, arrived in the Iranian capital, Tehran, last night.
Nackaerts and his team will later Wednesday hold talks with Iranian nuclear officials and press for access to suspect documents, nuclear officials and especially the Parchin military base, where nuclear weapons parts have allegedly been tested, DPA reported.
Tehran said Tuesday a visit to the Parchin base near Tehran by the IAEA would be possible if the country's right to a civilian nuclear programme were acknowledged.
In a series of meetings over the past year, both sides have been unable to agree on the conditions under which such investigations would go forward.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street