LEEDS, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 02/13/13 -- With this in mind, Asda Money looks at some of the key health factors that could increase policyholders' risk in the eyes of life insurers and how consumers can work to address these in order to make potential savings.
Give up smoking
The Association of British Insurers (ABI) argues that smokers will normally face increased online life insurance premiums(ii), with figures suggesting that smoking could see the life insurance costs soar by between 50% and 100%(i).
As a result giving up smoking could stand to reduce the cost of your life insurance. Many insurers will classify you as a non-smoker provided you haven't smoked within the last twelve months, and the NHS's free Stop Smoking Service could provide you with the support you need to quit.
Reduce your risk of diabetes
Diabetes is often classified as a serious disease by life insurers because of the related health complications that can arise as a result of the condition. Suffers of type I diabetes could see premiums increase by as much as 300%, while those with type II diabetes could see premiums rise by as much as 100%(i).
90% of those with diabetes have type II diabetes(iii), and although there are a number of factors that could increase your risk of type II diabetes that are outside of our control, such as having a close family member with the condition, maintaining a healthy weight could help to reduce the risk of the disease. Online body mass index (BMI) calculators, could help you identify if your weight is within the normal or at risk range.
Asda Money Life Insurance starts from as little as GBP 5 and includes free advice from award-winning experts to help you find the right policy for your needs.
Notes to Editors
About Asda Life Insurance:
- Cover from just GBP 5(i) a month
- We compare the market and award-winning advisers offer free no-obligation advice
- Choice of Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Income Protection or a combination
Asda Money is a trading name of Asda Financial Services Limited. Asda Financial Services Limited uses a selection of companies to provide its products and services. Please refer to www.ASDA.com/money for details of our product partners and the relevant terms and conditions for each of our products and services. Calls may be recorded and/or monitored.
Advice on Asda Life Insurance is provided by LifeSearch Limited, who is an appointed representative of Baigrie Davies and Company Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
(i)GBP 5 price based on GBP 100,000 of level term cover over 20 years for a non-smoking female aged 30 and in good health. Prices correct as at October 2012.
+44 (0)1925 611 026
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder