British singer Adele says she was complimenting, not berating, recording artist Chris Brown at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles this week.
A photo making the rounds has been interpreted by some in the media as indicating Adele was yelling at Brown, possibly for not participating in a standing ovation for Frank Ocean, a rival who defeated him in the Best Urban Contemporary Album category Sunday night at the Grammy Awards.
But Adele said she and Brown didn't exchange angry words at the event.
"Chris Brown and I were complimenting each other in that photo actually!" she tweeted, without offering details about the encounter.
Adele won the Grammy for Best Pop Solo Song for "Set Fire to the Rain" at Sunday's ceremony.
Brown has seen his popularity diminish after he pleaded guilty to assaulting his girlfriend Rihanna in 2009. He has since gotten into other high-profile altercations with artists, photographers and fans, as well.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women