British singer Adele says she was complimenting, not berating, recording artist Chris Brown at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles this week.
A photo making the rounds has been interpreted by some in the media as indicating Adele was yelling at Brown, possibly for not participating in a standing ovation for Frank Ocean, a rival who defeated him in the Best Urban Contemporary Album category Sunday night at the Grammy Awards.
But Adele said she and Brown didn't exchange angry words at the event.
"Chris Brown and I were complimenting each other in that photo actually!" she tweeted, without offering details about the encounter.
Adele won the Grammy for Best Pop Solo Song for "Set Fire to the Rain" at Sunday's ceremony.
Brown has seen his popularity diminish after he pleaded guilty to assaulting his girlfriend Rihanna in 2009. He has since gotten into other high-profile altercations with artists, photographers and fans, as well.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes