A 5.1-magnitude earthquake shook parts of Nevada Tuesday, U.S. seismologists said.
The U.S. Geological Survey said the temblor occurred about 4:10 p.m. local time and was centered about 44 miles west of Tonopah, 122 miles southeast of Carson City and 122 miles east-southeast of South Lake Tahoe at a depth of 7.7 miles.
MyMotherLode.com reported there were a few smaller aftershocks.
Several residents in the affected region told the news website the quake felt like a wave rolling toward them. Some reported their homes shook.
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?