TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/12/13 -- Massey College and University of Toronto are now accepting applications for the William Southam Journalism Fellowships for the academic year starting September 4, 2013 and ending April 30, 2014. The deadline for applying is March 1.
Applications are invited from journalists who have at least five years' experience as full-time news or editorial employees with a Canadian newspaper, news service, radio station, television station, or magazine. Freelance journalists who have been working consistently in the media for over a five-year period will also be considered.
The program awards three or more Fellowships annually, tenable for one academic year, September to May at the University of Toronto. Fellows are free to enrol in any graduate or undergraduate courses and use the full facilities of the University. There are no educational prerequisites for a Fellowship; nor do Fellows receive credits or degrees for work done during the year.
Applications must include a proposal for a plan of study, a cv., a statement of the applicant's experience, samples of work and letters of reference.
Please visit our website: http://masseycollege.ca/fellows/journalism-fellows from which you can download the application in pdf format.
416 978 6606
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go