U.S. singer Toni Braxton says she doesn't plan to record any new albums because she wants to pursue an acting career.
"For what I do, I have to love it. I have to feel that excitement and it's gone," the entertainer told theGrio. "I'm just not going to do any albums anymore; maybe touring occasionally here and there because I love performing, but not as much as I did in the past. But no new projects."
Braxton, 45, has sold more than 60 million records worldwide, won six Grammy Awards, competed on TV's "Dancing with the Stars," starred in the reality show "Braxton Family Values" and headlined the Broadway musicals "Aida" and "Beauty and the Beast," E! News noted. She also has, in recent years, made headlines for filing for bankruptcy and for battling the autoimmune disease lupus.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday