U.S. singer Toni Braxton says she doesn't plan to record any new albums because she wants to pursue an acting career.
"For what I do, I have to love it. I have to feel that excitement and it's gone," the entertainer told theGrio. "I'm just not going to do any albums anymore; maybe touring occasionally here and there because I love performing, but not as much as I did in the past. But no new projects."
Braxton, 45, has sold more than 60 million records worldwide, won six Grammy Awards, competed on TV's "Dancing with the Stars," starred in the reality show "Braxton Family Values" and headlined the Broadway musicals "Aida" and "Beauty and the Beast," E! News noted. She also has, in recent years, made headlines for filing for bankruptcy and for battling the autoimmune disease lupus.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up