U.S. singer Toni Braxton says she doesn't plan to record any new albums because she wants to pursue an acting career.
"For what I do, I have to love it. I have to feel that excitement and it's gone," the entertainer told theGrio. "I'm just not going to do any albums anymore; maybe touring occasionally here and there because I love performing, but not as much as I did in the past. But no new projects."
Braxton, 45, has sold more than 60 million records worldwide, won six Grammy Awards, competed on TV's "Dancing with the Stars," starred in the reality show "Braxton Family Values" and headlined the Broadway musicals "Aida" and "Beauty and the Beast," E! News noted. She also has, in recent years, made headlines for filing for bankruptcy and for battling the autoimmune disease lupus.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation