U.S. singer Toni Braxton says she doesn't plan to record any new albums because she wants to pursue an acting career.
"For what I do, I have to love it. I have to feel that excitement and it's gone," the entertainer told theGrio. "I'm just not going to do any albums anymore; maybe touring occasionally here and there because I love performing, but not as much as I did in the past. But no new projects."
Braxton, 45, has sold more than 60 million records worldwide, won six Grammy Awards, competed on TV's "Dancing with the Stars," starred in the reality show "Braxton Family Values" and headlined the Broadway musicals "Aida" and "Beauty and the Beast," E! News noted. She also has, in recent years, made headlines for filing for bankruptcy and for battling the autoimmune disease lupus.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Next Iran Nuclear Talks Set for New York
- Easter morning delivery for space station