U.S. singer Toni Braxton says she doesn't plan to record any new albums because she wants to pursue an acting career.
"For what I do, I have to love it. I have to feel that excitement and it's gone," the entertainer told theGrio. "I'm just not going to do any albums anymore; maybe touring occasionally here and there because I love performing, but not as much as I did in the past. But no new projects."
Braxton, 45, has sold more than 60 million records worldwide, won six Grammy Awards, competed on TV's "Dancing with the Stars," starred in the reality show "Braxton Family Values" and headlined the Broadway musicals "Aida" and "Beauty and the Beast," E! News noted. She also has, in recent years, made headlines for filing for bankruptcy and for battling the autoimmune disease lupus.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star