CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/12/13 -- As Alberta faces a growing debt reporters are hinting about larger carbon taxes or a sales tax. The Calgary based climate science review group Friends of Science are calling on Premier Redford to reject carbon taxes and to stand up for science.
"The UN Climate Panel - IPCC(i) in recent leaked drafts confirms its catastrophic predictions were wrong. Alberta has based climate change policies on the IPCC forecasts," says Len Maier, P. Eng. and President of the Friends of Science. "The UK Met Weather Office revealed last October there had been no warming in 16 years despite a rise in carbon dioxide (CO2)."(i)IPCC-Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
Ken Gregory, P. Eng. and a director of Friends of Science says, "Albertans should not be held hostage to faulty science or cult thinking. Declining upper atmosphere water vapour, the most important greenhouse gas, counteracts the effect of CO2. The sun is the main driver of climate change. Not CO2."
Friends of Science reject the Pembina Institute's on-line anti-Keystone rhetoric which proposes extreme carbon taxes on oil sands.
"Industry carbon taxes will automatically trickle down to all taxpayers," says Maier. "Reject carbon taxes. Save the planet from faulty science; save our economy and jobs."
About the Friends of Science
A group of mostly retired earth and atmospheric scientists, professional engineers and geologists, Friends of Science has been reviewing peer-reviewed science on climate change for over a decade and their conclusion is that the sun is the main driver of climate change cycles, not you or CO2.
http://on.fb.me/xrOPC6 Like us on facebook! Lots of people do!
Friends of Science
P.O.Box 23167, Connaught P.O.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2S 3B1
Toll-free Telephone: 1-888-789-9597
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West