During the 2012 presidential election, Ted Nugent said that if President Obama were re-elected, the longtime gun-control opponent would either be "dead or in jail."
He left out a third option: At the Capitol.
U.S. Rep. Steve Stockman, R-Texas, showing as much good sense as we expect from congressmen these days, has invited the Nuge to be his guest at the president's State of the Union address.
Nugent has referred to the Obama administration as "evil" and "America-hating," and has compared it to coyotes who needed to be shot.
In contrast, Nugent's host, Rep. Stockman, has talked only of impeaching Obama over his gun-control proposals.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile