During the 2012 presidential election, Ted Nugent said that if President Obama were re-elected, the longtime gun-control opponent would either be "dead or in jail."
He left out a third option: At the Capitol.
U.S. Rep. Steve Stockman, R-Texas, showing as much good sense as we expect from congressmen these days, has invited the Nuge to be his guest at the president's State of the Union address.
Nugent has referred to the Obama administration as "evil" and "America-hating," and has compared it to coyotes who needed to be shot.
In contrast, Nugent's host, Rep. Stockman, has talked only of impeaching Obama over his gun-control proposals.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response