VICTORIA, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/11/13 -- Vecima Networks Inc. ("Vecima" or "the Company") (TSX: VCM) announces that Mr. Reg Bird has resigned from the board of directors ("the Board") of the Company due to health reasons.
On behalf of the Board, Chairman Dr. Surinder Kumar would like to thank Reg for his extensive participation over the past several years and his major contributions to the Board of Directors. Mr. Barry Baptie will take over the role of Lead Independent Director.
About Vecima Networks
Vecima Networks Inc. (TSX: VCM) designs, manufactures and sells products that enable broadband access to cable, wireless and telephony networks. Vecima's hardware products incorporate original embedded software to meet the complex requirements of next-generation, high-speed digital networks. Service providers use Vecima's solutions to deliver services to a converging worldwide broadband market, including what are commonly known as "triple play" (voice, video and data) and "quadruple play" (voice, video, data and wireless) services. Vecima's solutions allow service providers to rapidly and cost-effectively bridge the final network segment that connects the system directly to end users, commonly referred to as "the last mile", by overcoming the bottleneck resulting from insufficient carrying capacity in legacy, last mile infrastructures. Vecima's products are directed at two principal markets: Converged Wired Solutions and Broadband Wireless. The Company has also developed and continues to focus on developing products to address emerging markets such as Voice over Internet Protocol, fibre to the home and IP video. More information is available at our website at www.vecima.com.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better