VICTORIA, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/11/13 -- Vecima Networks Inc. ("Vecima" or "the Company") (TSX: VCM) announces that Mr. Reg Bird has resigned from the board of directors ("the Board") of the Company due to health reasons.
On behalf of the Board, Chairman Dr. Surinder Kumar would like to thank Reg for his extensive participation over the past several years and his major contributions to the Board of Directors. Mr. Barry Baptie will take over the role of Lead Independent Director.
About Vecima Networks
Vecima Networks Inc. (TSX: VCM) designs, manufactures and sells products that enable broadband access to cable, wireless and telephony networks. Vecima's hardware products incorporate original embedded software to meet the complex requirements of next-generation, high-speed digital networks. Service providers use Vecima's solutions to deliver services to a converging worldwide broadband market, including what are commonly known as "triple play" (voice, video and data) and "quadruple play" (voice, video, data and wireless) services. Vecima's solutions allow service providers to rapidly and cost-effectively bridge the final network segment that connects the system directly to end users, commonly referred to as "the last mile", by overcoming the bottleneck resulting from insufficient carrying capacity in legacy, last mile infrastructures. Vecima's products are directed at two principal markets: Converged Wired Solutions and Broadband Wireless. The Company has also developed and continues to focus on developing products to address emerging markets such as Voice over Internet Protocol, fibre to the home and IP video. More information is available at our website at www.vecima.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'