The world's largest saltwater crocodile in captivity has died, leaving villagers in tears in a backwater town that shot to prominence because of the immense reptile.
A vet rushed to check the one-tonne crocodile after it flipped over with a bloated stomach in its cage in an eco-tourism park. It died a few hours later.
The giant saltwater crocodile measured 20.24ft.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.