The world's largest saltwater crocodile in captivity has died, leaving villagers in tears in a backwater town that shot to prominence because of the immense reptile.
A vet rushed to check the one-tonne crocodile after it flipped over with a bloated stomach in its cage in an eco-tourism park. It died a few hours later.
The giant saltwater crocodile measured 20.24ft.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare