An Italian-owned solar panel installation and photovoltaics developer has opened its U.S. headquarters in Charlotte.
Siser USA LLC plans to hire 10 employees in the next three years, including engineers, designers and architects, said an announcement Monday by the Charlotte Chamber. The company is at 11111 Carmel Commons Blvd.
Siser incorporated in 2012 to help commercial business clients with solar installations. The firm does plant design, selects equipment, helps in permitting, licensing and financing, and installation and maintenance. It's an authorized representative for PV equipment makers.
Its sister company, Siser Srl, has five years of solar PV experience in Europe, with more than 50 megawatts installed in Italy, Germany, Spain and eastern Europe.
President Guido Barbi said the company picked Charlotte for its infrastructure, including the international airport, business environment, affordability and quality of life.
The Chamber and Jetion Solar, a Chinese solar panel maker, worked with Siser in evaluating Charlotte. The company also credited Mayor Anthony Foxx with his support of the move.
Visit The Charlotte Observer (Charlotte, N.C.) at www.charlotteobserver.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits