An Italian-owned solar panel installation and photovoltaics developer has opened its U.S. headquarters in Charlotte.
Siser USA LLC plans to hire 10 employees in the next three years, including engineers, designers and architects, said an announcement Monday by the Charlotte Chamber. The company is at 11111 Carmel Commons Blvd.
Siser incorporated in 2012 to help commercial business clients with solar installations. The firm does plant design, selects equipment, helps in permitting, licensing and financing, and installation and maintenance. It's an authorized representative for PV equipment makers.
Its sister company, Siser Srl, has five years of solar PV experience in Europe, with more than 50 megawatts installed in Italy, Germany, Spain and eastern Europe.
President Guido Barbi said the company picked Charlotte for its infrastructure, including the international airport, business environment, affordability and quality of life.
The Chamber and Jetion Solar, a Chinese solar panel maker, worked with Siser in evaluating Charlotte. The company also credited Mayor Anthony Foxx with his support of the move.
Visit The Charlotte Observer (Charlotte, N.C.) at www.charlotteobserver.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Jay Z, Kanye Delight Fans With Two-Hour Set at SXSW
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- Accused Killer Texted Son Moments Before Shooting Man for Texting: Prosecutors