NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 02/11/13 -- The Atlantic Records Group and its artists were among the biggest winners at last night's 55th annual Grammy Awards, taking home a number of the annual event's top awards.
Fueled By Ramen recording group fun. was honored with two of the Grammys' foremost awards, including "Song of the Year" -- for the worldwide #1 single, "We Are Young feat. Janelle Monáe" -- as well as the ever-prestigious "Best New Artist."
OWSLA/Big Beat/Atlantic recording artist Skrillex continues his remarkable reign over the Dance/Electronica categories, following last year's three-trophy triumph with still another trio of awards. "BANGARANG" was named "Best Dance/Electronica Album," while the album's title track, "Bangarang feat. Sirah," was honored as the year's "Best Dance Recording." In addition, Skrillex's remix of Nero's "Promises (Skrillex & Nero Remix)" received the "Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical" Grammy.
Southern Ground/Atlantic recording group Zac Brown Band received its third Grammy Award as their chart-topping "UNCAGED" was named "Best Country Album" and Atlantic's own Halestorm scored its first-ever Grammy, winning the "Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance" award for their breakthrough single, "Love Bites (And So Do I)."
Atlantic Records and its affiliated labels would like to congratulate all the Grammy winners, as well as the many nominated artists. For more information, please visit www.atlanticrecords.com.
For more information please contact:
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Arriola Takes Charge at SoCalGas
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday