NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 02/11/13 -- The Atlantic Records Group and its artists were among the biggest winners at last night's 55th annual Grammy Awards, taking home a number of the annual event's top awards.
Fueled By Ramen recording group fun. was honored with two of the Grammys' foremost awards, including "Song of the Year" -- for the worldwide #1 single, "We Are Young feat. Janelle Monáe" -- as well as the ever-prestigious "Best New Artist."
OWSLA/Big Beat/Atlantic recording artist Skrillex continues his remarkable reign over the Dance/Electronica categories, following last year's three-trophy triumph with still another trio of awards. "BANGARANG" was named "Best Dance/Electronica Album," while the album's title track, "Bangarang feat. Sirah," was honored as the year's "Best Dance Recording." In addition, Skrillex's remix of Nero's "Promises (Skrillex & Nero Remix)" received the "Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical" Grammy.
Southern Ground/Atlantic recording group Zac Brown Band received its third Grammy Award as their chart-topping "UNCAGED" was named "Best Country Album" and Atlantic's own Halestorm scored its first-ever Grammy, winning the "Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance" award for their breakthrough single, "Love Bites (And So Do I)."
Atlantic Records and its affiliated labels would like to congratulate all the Grammy winners, as well as the many nominated artists. For more information, please visit www.atlanticrecords.com.
For more information please contact:
Most Popular Stories
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Facebook Bounceback Shows Social Media Market Strength
- Social Media Means New Business Opportunities
- Randy Travis Sues Texas Agencies Over Drunken Arrest Video
- Record 800-pound Gator Killed in Texas
- Travel Startup Localeur Expands to Houston
- Leading Economic Indicators Recovered in April
- Munoz Takes the Wheel at Nissan
- Shakira Out, Aguilera in at 'The Voice'