Amazon has begun initial hiring for new distribution centers in Patterson and Tracy.
The online retail giant posted its first three job openings, which focus on industrial maintenance and technical engineering, for both of the centers late last week.
The openings are identical for the centers and require engineering, electrical or facilities project management experience. The jobs are maintenance planner/CMMS administrator, industrial maintenance technician and control systems specialist.
The new 1 million-square-foot center in Patterson is expected to open this summer. The construction of another 1 million-square-foot fulfillment center in Tracy was announced in November.
In Patterson, construction on the Amazon facility, which began mysteriously more than a year ago as "Project X," was delayed by heavy rains in December. Patterson Mayor Luis Molina said last month that he anticipates a July opening now, moved back from the planned spring date. The Tracy site is expected to open sometime in the fall.
Amazon officials have not specified the number of jobs needed for either center but have promised "hundreds" in Patterson. All openings will be posted on the company site, Amazon.com. Other jobs, including warehouse positions, should be posted closer to both centers' opening dates.
For more information, go to www.amazon.com/gp/jobs.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women