CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/11/13 -- AltaGas Ltd. ("AltaGas") (TSX: ALA) (TSX: ALA.PR.A) (TSX: ALA.PR.U) today announced that the February dividend will be paid on March 15, 2013, to common shareholders of record on February 25, 2013. The ex-dividend date is February 21, 2013. The amount of the dividend will be $0.12 for each common share. This dividend is an eligible dividend for Canadian income tax purposes.
AltaGas has a Dividend Reinvestment and Optional Share Purchase Plan ("DRIP") for eligible Shareholders of AltaGas. Eligible Shareholders may reinvest the cash dividends paid by AltaGas on their common shares toward the purchase of new common shares at a five percent discount to the average market price as defined in the DRIP.
AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power and regulated utilities. AltaGas creates value by acquiring, growing and optimizing its energy infrastructure, including a focus on renewable energy sources.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- 'No Good Deed' Defeats 'Guardians' at Theaters