OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/10/13 -- Product photos are available at http://bit.ly/WZEFma.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) and Yum Yum Food are warning people with allergies to egg or milk not to consume, and retailers not to sell, the Yum Yum Food brand Sui Mai product described below. The affected product contains egg and milk which are not declared on the label.
The affected product, Yum Yum Food brand Sui Mai, is sold frozen in 228 g packages bearing UPC 8 30121 10017 0. All codes of the product are affected.
This product has been distributed in Ontario.
There has been one reported reaction associated with the consumption of this product.
Consumption of this product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with allergies to egg or milk.
The manufacturer, Yum Yum Food, Toronto, Ontario is voluntarily recalling the affected product from the marketplace. The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
For more information, consumers and industry can call one of the following numbers:
Yum Yum Food at 416-297-0688;
CFIA at 1-800-442-2342 / TTY 1-800-465-7735 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday to Friday).
For information on common food allergens, visit the Food Allergens web page at: http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/fssa/labeti/allerg/allerge.shtml.
For information on all food recalls, visit the CFIA's Food Recall Report at: http://active.inspection.gc.ca/eng/corp/recarapp_dbe.asp.
To find out more about receiving recalls by e-mail, and other food safety facts, visit: www.foodsafety.gc.ca. Food and consumer product recalls are also available at http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca.
CFIA Media Relations
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms