Immigrants working in the United States sent $120 billion back to their home countries in 2012, according to reports.
More than $23 billion went to Mexico, $13.45 billion to China, $10.84 billion to India and $10 billion to the Philippines, among other recipients, The Daily Mail reported Thursday.
Only $5.1 billion was sent back to the U.S. by the 2.4 million American citizens working abroad.
The amount of money being sent by immigrants across the entire world reached $530 billion last year, The Mail reports.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- 18 L.A. Sheriff's Deputies Face U.S. Charges
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women