Immigrants working in the United States sent $120 billion back to their home countries in 2012, according to reports.
More than $23 billion went to Mexico, $13.45 billion to China, $10.84 billion to India and $10 billion to the Philippines, among other recipients, The Daily Mail reported Thursday.
Only $5.1 billion was sent back to the U.S. by the 2.4 million American citizens working abroad.
The amount of money being sent by immigrants across the entire world reached $530 billion last year, The Mail reports.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Israeli Criticism of Kerry Annoys White House
- Contreras-Sweet to Speak at MED Week