Immigrants working in the United States sent $120 billion back to their home countries in 2012, according to reports.
More than $23 billion went to Mexico, $13.45 billion to China, $10.84 billion to India and $10 billion to the Philippines, among other recipients, The Daily Mail reported Thursday.
Only $5.1 billion was sent back to the U.S. by the 2.4 million American citizens working abroad.
The amount of money being sent by immigrants across the entire world reached $530 billion last year, The Mail reports.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Goya Nutritionist Answers Demand for Healthy Hispanic Dishes
- Ukraine Crisis Sets U.S. Stocks Adrift
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps