Immigrants working in the United States sent $120 billion back to their home countries in 2012, according to reports.
More than $23 billion went to Mexico, $13.45 billion to China, $10.84 billion to India and $10 billion to the Philippines, among other recipients, The Daily Mail reported Thursday.
Only $5.1 billion was sent back to the U.S. by the 2.4 million American citizens working abroad.
The amount of money being sent by immigrants across the entire world reached $530 billion last year, The Mail reports.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts