Immigrants working in the United States sent $120 billion back to their home countries in 2012, according to reports.
More than $23 billion went to Mexico, $13.45 billion to China, $10.84 billion to India and $10 billion to the Philippines, among other recipients, The Daily Mail reported Thursday.
Only $5.1 billion was sent back to the U.S. by the 2.4 million American citizens working abroad.
The amount of money being sent by immigrants across the entire world reached $530 billion last year, The Mail reports.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls