A Yuba City woman with a lengthy criminal history was arrested again Wednesday after police said she robbed a Yuba City gas station with a box cutter.
Alberta Manigo entered the AM/PM in the 800 block of Colusa Avenue around 10:30 p.m., grabbed some hot food and tried to leave, police spokeswoman Shawna Pavey said.
Manigo, 58, pulled a box cutter and threatened to harm a female clerk who tried to stop her. She then re-entered the store, swiped several bags of potato chips before knocking over numerous display cases and running away, police said.
"Officers spotted her in the area and she was arrested a few minutes later," Pavey said.
She was booked into the Sutter County without bail on suspicion of robbery and making criminal threats.
Exactly how much was stolen or damaged was not clear.
Store owner Balrajhunda Takhar did not return two phone calls seeking comment.
Manigo has been arrested at least 48 times as an adult, according to court and booking records, and at least four times since early December.
She was arrested on Christmas Eve for assaulting her fiance with an umbrella. She was also charged with slapping the man at Walmart in Yuba City earlier in December. Manigo told authorities she slapped her boyfriend because she believed there was a woman in the store who was wearing Manigo's clothing.
Manigo pleaded no contest and was ordered to serve three years of probation, according to court records.
A Louisiana native, Manigo was arrested at least 44 times in her home state between 1989 and 2011, when she moved to Yuba City, according to Sutter County Superior Court records.
Her varied criminal history includes convictions for assault, battery, burglary, robbery, vehicle theft, arson, prostitution and drug possession, according to court records.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women