VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/01/13 -- Tyhee Gold Corp. (TSX VENTURE: TDC) ("Tyhee" or the "Company") has granted incentive stock options or share purchase warrants to purchase in aggregate up to 5,850,000 common shares to its directors, officers and employees pursuant to its incentive stock option plan. The options are exercisable on or before February 1, 2018 at a price of $0.10 per share.
About Tyhee Gold: Tyhee is focused on developing the first gold mine on its flagship Yellowknife Gold Project ("YPG") in Canada's Northwest Territories. The project is located in the same prolific Archaen Greenstone Belt as the renowned world class "Con-Giant" deposit, which produced a combined 14 million ounces of gold. Tyhee is led by a veteran, project-driven, management team committed to aggressively advancing a permitting and development path targeted to enable mine construction to begin in 2014. An independent Feasibility Study ("FS") has been completed, which estimated that, at a base-case gold price of US$1,400 per ounce and a projected 4,000 tonnes-per-day processing plant comprised of a conventional gravity-flotation-cyanide process and incorporating open-pit and underground mining methods on the Ormsby, Bruce Lake, Clan Lake and Nicholas Lake deposits, the YGP is estimated to return a pre-tax net present value (NPV) at a 5% discount rate of approximately $216 million (post-tax $115 million) and an internal rate of return of 20% (post-tax 15%) based on initial estimated capital cost of $193 million (including a 10% contingency.) At current gold prices of approximately US$1,600 per oz., the YGP would have a pre-tax NPV of $375 million (post-tax $217 million), an IRR of 28% (post-tax 21%) and a payback period of 30 months (post-tax 30 months.)
The study also estimated Proven and Probable mineral reserves(1) for the YGP at 20,433,000 tonnes at an average grade of 2.03 grams per tonne ("g/t") gold, containing 1,334,000 ounces of gold, resulting in a mine-life of approximately 15 years. Tyhee's technical team has identified six separate gold deposits in the YGP, including Ormsby, Bruce Lake, Clan Lake, Nicholas Lake and Goodwin Lake. These areas have a combined Measured and Indicated resource(2) estimated to total 1,715,000 ounces of gold contained in 27,115,000 tonnes at an average grade of 1.97 g/t, and Inferred resources of 487,000 ounces of gold contained in 5,774,000 tonnes at 2.62 g/t.
(1) The mineral reserve estimate for the YGP is shown above and was calculated by Bret C Swanson BE (Min), Principal Consultant, of SRK Consulting (U.S.), Inc. Effective Date of July 1, 2012. Reserves are inclusive of mineral resources.
(2) The mineral resource for the YGP shown above was estimated by Jeff Volk, P. Geo. of SRK Consulting (U.S.), Inc. Effective Date of July 1, 2012.
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS: Certain of the statements and information in this press release constitute "forward-looking statements" or "forward-looking information" Any statements or information that express or involve discussions with respect to predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, objectives, assumptions or future events or performance (often, but not always, using words or phrases such as "expects", "anticipates", "believes", "plans", "estimates", "intends", "targets", "goals", "forecasts", "objectives", "potential" or variations thereof or stating that certain actions, events or results "may", "could", "would", "might" or "will" be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative of any of these terms and similar expressions) are not statements of historical fact and may be forward-looking statements or information.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women