Gold prices moved marginally higher on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange Thursday with the dollar index flat.
Equities dropped for the second consecutive day on Wall Street, giving some motivation for a move toward gold. But gains were modest in metals.
NYMEX gold added $3 or 0.18 percent to $1,665 per troy ounce.
NYMEX silver gained 11 cents or 0.36 percent to $31.47 per ounce.
Against the dollar, the euro rose to $1.3586 from Wednesday's $1.3567. The dollar rose to 91.76 yen from Wednesday's 91.09 yen.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal