Gold prices moved marginally higher on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange Thursday with the dollar index flat.
Equities dropped for the second consecutive day on Wall Street, giving some motivation for a move toward gold. But gains were modest in metals.
NYMEX gold added $3 or 0.18 percent to $1,665 per troy ounce.
NYMEX silver gained 11 cents or 0.36 percent to $31.47 per ounce.
Against the dollar, the euro rose to $1.3586 from Wednesday's $1.3567. The dollar rose to 91.76 yen from Wednesday's 91.09 yen.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation