Gold prices moved marginally higher on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange Thursday with the dollar index flat.
Equities dropped for the second consecutive day on Wall Street, giving some motivation for a move toward gold. But gains were modest in metals.
NYMEX gold added $3 or 0.18 percent to $1,665 per troy ounce.
NYMEX silver gained 11 cents or 0.36 percent to $31.47 per ounce.
Against the dollar, the euro rose to $1.3586 from Wednesday's $1.3567. The dollar rose to 91.76 yen from Wednesday's 91.09 yen.
Most Popular Stories
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right