Gold prices moved marginally higher on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange Thursday with the dollar index flat.
Equities dropped for the second consecutive day on Wall Street, giving some motivation for a move toward gold. But gains were modest in metals.
NYMEX gold added $3 or 0.18 percent to $1,665 per troy ounce.
NYMEX silver gained 11 cents or 0.36 percent to $31.47 per ounce.
Against the dollar, the euro rose to $1.3586 from Wednesday's $1.3567. The dollar rose to 91.76 yen from Wednesday's 91.09 yen.
Most Popular Stories
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column