Gold prices moved marginally higher on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange Thursday with the dollar index flat.
Equities dropped for the second consecutive day on Wall Street, giving some motivation for a move toward gold. But gains were modest in metals.
NYMEX gold added $3 or 0.18 percent to $1,665 per troy ounce.
NYMEX silver gained 11 cents or 0.36 percent to $31.47 per ounce.
Against the dollar, the euro rose to $1.3586 from Wednesday's $1.3567. The dollar rose to 91.76 yen from Wednesday's 91.09 yen.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant