Hilmar Cheese Co. is accepting applications for its 11th annual college scholarship program.
The program is open to high school seniors and college students who have an agricultural major and are living in counties where Hilmar Cheese is located -- Merced and Stanislaus counties as well as Dallam and Hartley counties in Texas, according to a news release from Denise Skidmore, the company's director of education and public relations.
Hilmar Cheese also offers scholarships to children of employees and dairy farm families that produce milk for the company, according to Skidmore.
Scholarship winners are selected by academic performance, financial need, community activity and future ambitions, according to Skidmore.
Qualifying students can apply through March 15.
For additional information about Hilmar Cheese's scholarship program, visit www.hilmarcheese.com, go to the "about us" tab and click on the "community responsibility" link.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'