Hilmar Cheese Co. is accepting applications for its 11th annual college scholarship program.
The program is open to high school seniors and college students who have an agricultural major and are living in counties where Hilmar Cheese is located -- Merced and Stanislaus counties as well as Dallam and Hartley counties in Texas, according to a news release from Denise Skidmore, the company's director of education and public relations.
Hilmar Cheese also offers scholarships to children of employees and dairy farm families that produce milk for the company, according to Skidmore.
Scholarship winners are selected by academic performance, financial need, community activity and future ambitions, according to Skidmore.
Qualifying students can apply through March 15.
For additional information about Hilmar Cheese's scholarship program, visit www.hilmarcheese.com, go to the "about us" tab and click on the "community responsibility" link.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE