Bridgestone Corporation today announced that it has won a lawsuit against Chinese tire manufacturer Guangzhou Bolex Tyre Ltd. regarding infringement of trademark rights.
In March 2010, Bridgestone Corporation filed a trademark infringement lawsuit alleging that Guangzhou Bolex Tyre Ltd. infringed upon Bridgestone's trademark rights by manufacturing and selling tires under the name "GEMSTONE," a name similar to "BRIDGESTONE," a registered trademark of the Company.
The lawsuit was filed in the Tianjin Binhai New Area People's Court. After Bridgestone's claim was upheld in that court, Guangzhou Bolex Tyre Ltd. filed an appeal in the Tianjin No.2 Intermediate People's Court, and in January 2013, Bridgestone's claim again was upheld and the original court decision was confirmed. Accordingly, the court ordered Guangzhou Bolex Tyre Ltd. to cease the production and sales of GEMSTONE tires and pay damages.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws