Bridgestone Corporation today announced that it has won a lawsuit against Chinese tire manufacturer Guangzhou Bolex Tyre Ltd. regarding infringement of trademark rights.
In March 2010, Bridgestone Corporation filed a trademark infringement lawsuit alleging that Guangzhou Bolex Tyre Ltd. infringed upon Bridgestone's trademark rights by manufacturing and selling tires under the name "GEMSTONE," a name similar to "BRIDGESTONE," a registered trademark of the Company.
The lawsuit was filed in the Tianjin Binhai New Area People's Court. After Bridgestone's claim was upheld in that court, Guangzhou Bolex Tyre Ltd. filed an appeal in the Tianjin No.2 Intermediate People's Court, and in January 2013, Bridgestone's claim again was upheld and the original court decision was confirmed. Accordingly, the court ordered Guangzhou Bolex Tyre Ltd. to cease the production and sales of GEMSTONE tires and pay damages.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits