Bridgestone Corporation today announced that it has won a lawsuit against Chinese tire manufacturer Guangzhou Bolex Tyre Ltd. regarding infringement of trademark rights.
In March 2010, Bridgestone Corporation filed a trademark infringement lawsuit alleging that Guangzhou Bolex Tyre Ltd. infringed upon Bridgestone's trademark rights by manufacturing and selling tires under the name "GEMSTONE," a name similar to "BRIDGESTONE," a registered trademark of the Company.
The lawsuit was filed in the Tianjin Binhai New Area People's Court. After Bridgestone's claim was upheld in that court, Guangzhou Bolex Tyre Ltd. filed an appeal in the Tianjin No.2 Intermediate People's Court, and in January 2013, Bridgestone's claim again was upheld and the original court decision was confirmed. Accordingly, the court ordered Guangzhou Bolex Tyre Ltd. to cease the production and sales of GEMSTONE tires and pay damages.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile