German Chancellor Angela Merkel and US Vice
President Joe Biden were due to meet in Berlin on Friday, with the
conflicts in Mali, Syria and Afghanistan expected to top their
The talks were also likely to focus on negotiations over a free trade agreement between the United States and Europe, as well as a possible visit to Germany by US President Barack Obama.
Obama last visited Germany in 2008, when he was campaigning for the presidency.
After his talks in Berlin, Biden was to travel to Munich for an international security conference, where he was expected to outline the defence and foreign policy goals of the second Obama presidency.
Biden's trip is his first official visit to Germany as vice president.
After Germany, Biden is scheduled to travel to Paris for a meeting on Monday with President Francois Hollande and to London for talks on Tuesday with Prime Minister David Cameron and Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women