When you watch, or rewatch, the smash hit "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire," keep an eye out for the dancer shoved aside by the garish Effie Trinket (Elizabeth Banks).
That dancer happens to be Christiansburg actress Sarah Wylie, 24, making a tiny appearance in yet another major Hollywood flick.
She isn't listed in the closing credits, as she was with Stephen Spielberg's "Lincoln," but she and boyfriend Paul Pallante are among the dancers that waltz around Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) and Plutarch Heavensbee (Philip Seymour Hoffman) in an early scene at the house of President Snow (Donald Sutherland).
Wylie said she's the one pushed out of the way as Trinket arrives to interrupt the dance. "Many of the scenes are out of focus, as we are background, but we know it's us!" she wrote in an email.
She spent the entire night working with Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson, who plays Katniss' love interest, Peeta. "It was wonderful!"
Wylie has also filmed scenes in NBC's "Revolution" and the Netflix original series "House of Cards." In addition to working as a film and television extra, she founded and runs community theater company Open Air Shakespeare NRV.
- Mike Allen
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say