Dec. 07--When you watch, or rewatch, the smash hit "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire," keep an eye out for the dancer shoved aside by the garish Effie Trinket (Elizabeth Banks).
That dancer happens to be Christiansburg actress Sarah Wylie, 24, making a tiny appearance in yet another major Hollywood flick.
She isn't listed in the closing credits, as she was with Stephen Spielberg's "Lincoln," but she and boyfriend Paul Pallante are among the dancers that waltz around Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) and Plutarch Heavensbee (Philip Seymour Hoffman) in an early scene at the house of President Snow (Donald Sutherland).
Wylie said she's the one pushed out of the way as Trinket arrives to interrupt the dance. "Many of the scenes are out of focus, as we are background, but we know it's us!" she wrote in an email.
She spent the entire night working with Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson , who plays Katniss' love interest, Peeta. "It was wonderful!"
Wylie has also filmed scenes in NBC's "Revolution" and the Netflix original series "House of Cards." In addition to working as a film and television extra, she founded and runs community theater company Open Air Shakespeare NRV.
(c)2013 The Roanoke Times (Roanoke, Va.)
Visit The Roanoke Times (Roanoke, Va.) at www.roanoke.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.