Thalia, the Mexican-born pop star and actress, is covering the U.S. coasts, receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Los Angeles and landing her own fashion line at Macy's stores, including the Herald Square flagship in New York.
The multi-year deal with Macy's was announced Thursday, the same day she was to be honored by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce.
Her new brand will be called Thalia Sodi and will include dresses, tops, pants, shoes and jewelry — with the potential of adding more categories.
Macy's Inc. CEO Terry Lundgren said in a statement that Thalia is a "trendsetter for Latinas," and described her style as "flirty, fun, vivacious and put together."
Items won't be in stores until 2015, though.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Thalia taking spot in Hollywood _ and in Macy's
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration
- Eric Holder Arrives in Ferguson