Thalia, the Mexican-born pop star and actress, is covering the U.S. coasts, receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Los Angeles and landing her own fashion line at Macy's stores, including the Herald Square flagship in New York.
The multi-year deal with Macy's was announced Thursday, the same day she was to be honored by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce.
Her new brand will be called Thalia Sodi and will include dresses, tops, pants, shoes and jewelry — with the potential of adding more categories.
Macy's Inc. CEO Terry Lundgren said in a statement that Thalia is a "trendsetter for Latinas," and described her style as "flirty, fun, vivacious and put together."
Items won't be in stores until 2015, though.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Thalia taking spot in Hollywood _ and in Macy's
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals