Robbie Fulks, an acclaimed alt-country musician/songwriter from the suburbs, performs on Monday nights at the Hideout, a wonderful Chicago club. Fulks changes up his collaborators and musical approach each week. This coming Monday, he's playing with his "Christmas Band," which includes Nora O'Connor and Alex Hall. Fulks is a stellar musician and a uniquely entertaining performer, so this is a show worth catching.
7 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, at the Hideout, 1354 W. Wabansia, Chicago. $10. Go to .
Songs & stories
DuPage County native Cathy Richardson will perform as the featured musical guest at the unique Voice Box event next week at Fitzgerald's. Voice Box pairs the telling of stories with related musical performances. Richardson, a veteran musician and songwriter, is always a magnetic and energetic presence onstage, and this event offers a chance to see her in a new way.
7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10, at Fitzgerald's, 6615 Roosevelt Road, Berwyn. $8. Go to .
Season for rock
Acclaimed "stoner rock" band Queens of the Stone Age will headline the wonderfully titled "The Night We Stole Christmas" show next week in Rosemont. Queens, led by founding member Josh Homme, delivers creative, heavy and intense guitar rock that draws on punk, heavy metal and pop. The band's latest album, " ... Like Clockwork," has garnered strong reviews, and Homme and company have a reputation for delivering scorching live sets. The show also will include performances from 30 Seconds to Mars, Foals, Alt-J and Grouplove.
6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11, at the Allstate Arena, 6920 Mannheim Road, Rosemont. Tickets start at $29.50. Go to .
-- Matt Arado
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Thousands of Children Dragged Into U.S. Political Bickering
- Repubs to Sue Obama for Delaying Obamacare
- Portugal Bank Fears Spark Selloff
- Emmys: 'Orange' Marks Break From Sitcoms
- Dems Float Long-Shot Effort to Curb Campaign Cash
- Border Crisis Could Lead to Faster Deportations
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Union Pulls Support of UNCF Over Koch Gift
- Kerry in Afghanistan to Meet Candidates
- Fed Vice Chair Fischer: Care Needed to Avoid Crisis