Tony Award-winning actor Billy Porter has extended his contract in the Broadway musical "Kinky Boots," producers Daryl Roth and Hal Luftig announced.
Porter will remain with the show at least through July, Roth and Luftig said Wednesday.
The producers also said cast members Stark Sands and Annaleigh Ashford will depart the show early next year. Sands' last performance will be Jan. 26 and Ashford will leave in March to film the next season of Showtime's "Masters of Sex."
Featuring music by Cyndi Lauper and lyrics by Harvey Fierstein, "Kinky Boots" won the Best Musical Tony Award this year.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder