Tony Award-winning actor Billy Porter has extended his contract in the Broadway musical "Kinky Boots," producers Daryl Roth and Hal Luftig announced.
Porter will remain with the show at least through July, Roth and Luftig said Wednesday.
The producers also said cast members Stark Sands and Annaleigh Ashford will depart the show early next year. Sands' last performance will be Jan. 26 and Ashford will leave in March to film the next season of Showtime's "Masters of Sex."
Featuring music by Cyndi Lauper and lyrics by Harvey Fierstein, "Kinky Boots" won the Best Musical Tony Award this year.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD