California resident Pedro Toledo was named 2013 MillerCoors Líder of the Year and awarded a $25,000 grant to implement a Hispanic leadership project with MillerCoors for the Redwood Community Health Coalition.
Mr. Toledo is the director of community and government relations for Redwood Community Health Coalition, an organization dedicated to ensuring families have access to prevention-focused health care, affordable health insurance, and nutritious foods, according to the RCHC web site.
Mr. Toledo also serves as the president of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Sonoma County.
The MillerCoors Líderes program was initiated in 2006 to raise awareness and highlight the achievements of emerging leaders within the U.S. Hispanic community, according to a news release.
"I'm honored to have been selected as the 2013 MillerCoors Líder of the Year," Mr. Toledo said in the news release. "I thank everyone who voted for me – words cannot describe how proud I am of this achievement. I'm excited to use the grant to develop an educational program for parents to benefit the Sonoma County community."
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment