California resident Pedro Toledo was named 2013 MillerCoors Líder of the Year and awarded a $25,000 grant to implement a Hispanic leadership project with MillerCoors for the Redwood Community Health Coalition.
Mr. Toledo is the director of community and government relations for Redwood Community Health Coalition, an organization dedicated to ensuring families have access to prevention-focused health care, affordable health insurance, and nutritious foods, according to the RCHC web site.
Mr. Toledo also serves as the president of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Sonoma County.
The MillerCoors Líderes program was initiated in 2006 to raise awareness and highlight the achievements of emerging leaders within the U.S. Hispanic community, according to a news release.
"I'm honored to have been selected as the 2013 MillerCoors Líder of the Year," Mr. Toledo said in the news release. "I thank everyone who voted for me – words cannot describe how proud I am of this achievement. I'm excited to use the grant to develop an educational program for parents to benefit the Sonoma County community."
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go
- Detroit Raced Toward this Week's Bankruptcy Trial
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted