By MARK KENNEDY
NEW YORK - Marin Mazzie will get to play an aging diva in the Broadway musical based on Woody Allen's crime caper "Bullets Over Broadway."
Producers said Thursday that the three-time Tony Award nominee will play Helen Sinclair in the show that begins preview performances on March 11 at the St. James Theatre.
Written by Allen and Douglas McGrath, the story follows a struggling young playwright who is forced to cast a mobster's talentless girlfriend in his latest drama. Zach Braff will play the hero, portrayed by John Cusack in the 1994 film. Mazzie plays an actress and love interest.
Susan Stroman will direct and choreograph the show.
Mazzie, who recently co-starred in the off-Broadway revival of "Carrie," has also been in "Next to Normal," "Kiss Me, Kate," "Ragtime" and "Passion."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?