By MARK KENNEDY
NEW YORK - Marin Mazzie will get to play an aging diva in the Broadway musical based on Woody Allen's crime caper "Bullets Over Broadway."
Producers said Thursday that the three-time Tony Award nominee will play Helen Sinclair in the show that begins preview performances on March 11 at the St. James Theatre.
Written by Allen and Douglas McGrath, the story follows a struggling young playwright who is forced to cast a mobster's talentless girlfriend in his latest drama. Zach Braff will play the hero, portrayed by John Cusack in the 1994 film. Mazzie plays an actress and love interest.
Susan Stroman will direct and choreograph the show.
Mazzie, who recently co-starred in the off-Broadway revival of "Carrie," has also been in "Next to Normal," "Kiss Me, Kate," "Ragtime" and "Passion."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack