ACTOR Jonathan Fernyhough is celebrating after receiving a regional award for his acting.
Jonathan, left, who has recently stepped down as chairman of amateur dramatics group the Porthill Players, was awarded by the Association of Community Theatre UK (ACT UK) for his role in popular musical The Producers, at Crewe's Lyceum theatre last year.
Mr Fernyhough, of Porthill, played the role of Roger De Bris for Curtain Call Productions and his performance landed him an award for 'The Most Original Character Portrayal in a Musical' category at an awards ceremony last week.
He said: "As you can imagine it is quite an honour as these awards cover the whole of the North West."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion