NEW YORK -- Gal Gadot has been cast as Wonder Woman in Warner Bros.' superhero team-up film with Batman and Superman.
Warner Bros. made the casting announcement Wednesday. Already starring in the currently untitled film are Ben Affleck as Batman and Henry Cavill as Superman.
Wonder Woman inclusion in the film brings it closer to a full gathering of DC Comics' Justice League.
Gadot is an Israel-born actress and former model who competed in the 2004 Miss Universe pageant. She has starred in several of the "Fast & Furious" films, including "Fast & Furious 6," released earlier this year.
The Batman-Superman movie is set to begin production early next year, and to be released in July 2015.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'