MILWAUKEE (AP) ó Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has fired a campaign aide for making demeaning comments about Hispanics on social media.
Walker dismissed Taylor Palmisano as his campaign's deputy finance director Tuesday. The Republican governor made the move after The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel contacted his campaign about the Twitter posts.
In a March 2011 tweet, Palmisano said she wanted to choke a noisy library custodian whom she described as an "illegal mex." Two months earlier she had complained on Twitter that among fellow passengers on a bus "Nobody speaks English & these ppl don't know how 2 control their kids."
The newspaper reports that a Walker campaign spokesman says the governor and his campaign "condemn these insulting remarks."
Palmisano issued a statement apologizing and saying she regrets "these offensive and irresponsible remarks."
Information from: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, http://www.jsonline.com
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?