MILWAUKEE (AP) — Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has fired a campaign aide for making demeaning comments about Hispanics on social media.
Walker dismissed Taylor Palmisano as his campaign's deputy finance director Tuesday. The Republican governor made the move after The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel contacted his campaign about the Twitter posts.
In a March 2011 tweet, Palmisano said she wanted to choke a noisy library custodian whom she described as an "illegal mex." Two months earlier she had complained on Twitter that among fellow passengers on a bus "Nobody speaks English & these ppl don't know how 2 control their kids."
The newspaper reports that a Walker campaign spokesman says the governor and his campaign "condemn these insulting remarks."
Palmisano issued a statement apologizing and saying she regrets "these offensive and irresponsible remarks."
Information from: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, http://www.jsonline.com
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West