OKLAHOMA! the musical love story is coming to Carmarthenshire. Regarded as the first fully integrated musical play, Rodgers and Hammerstein's show has been a favourite of theatre-goers since it opened on Broadway in 1943.
Now, for three nights only, Llanelli Musical Players are bringing this romance to life at Llanelli's Ffwrnes Theatre. Producer Joy Thomas said that the company had decided to do something more traditional in choosing Oklahoma!
"We thought it would suit our company really well," she said.
Set in the USA, at the turn of the 20th century, Oklahoma! tells the story of the romantic rivalry between cowboys and farmers, who are trying to get the girl. Oklahoma! runs at Ffwrnes from Thursday, December 12, to Saturday, December 14, at 7:30pm.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security