Dec. 05--Robert Duvall, Diane Keaton and Betty Buckley will appear in 2014 at the Wortham Theater Center as part of the Brilliant Lecture Series.
Theater, film and television actress Buckley, a Texas native, will perform in concert Jan. 10. Buckley established her reputation in 1982 with the role of Grizabella in the original Broadway production of the musical "Cats," a role that earned her a Tony. She made her film debut in "Carrie" in 1976, as Carrie's gym teacher Miss Collins. Many also remember her as the stepmother in the ABC series "Eight Is Enough."
Duvall, an award-winning actor, director and producer, will appear Jan. 23. Duvall has starred in popular films and miniseries including "The Godfather," "The Godfather Part II," "M*A*S*H," "Apocalypse Now" and "Lonesome Dove."
Keaton, an award-winning actress, screenwriter, producer and director, appears Feb. 6. Known for playing Kay Adams-Corleone in "The Godfather," starring in several Woody Allen films (she won the best actress Oscar for "Annie Hall") and more recent hits including 2003's "Something's Gotta Give," Keaton is also a photographer, author, singer and real estate developer. Her memoir, "Then Again," was released in 2011.
The Brilliant Lecture Series is a local nonprofit that aims to inspire by presenting national and international leaders, artists, humanitarians, authors and entrepreneurs to Houston audiences. Tickets start at $65; visit BrilliantLectures.org or call 713-974-1335.
(c)2013 the Houston Chronicle
Visit the Houston Chronicle at www.chron.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Atlanta Biology Lesson Compares Evolution With Satan
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- 7-Eleven Marks Appy Birthday with Freebies
- Ford Wrings Mileage out of Three-Cylinder Fiesta
- Ford Recalling 100,000 Vehicles for Safety Issues
- Judge Strikes Down Colo. Gay Marriage Ban
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Hispanic Social Media Awards Announced