The final session for Wall Street in 2013 is set for a muted start as investors prepare to say goodbye to an outstanding year on U.S. markets. U.S. stock futures were relatively flat ahead of the opening bell -- with the Dow Jones industrial average hovering near the all-time high it set Monday. -Futures on the S&P 500 index gained 0.049% to 1835.60 -Futures on the Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 0.012% to 16441 -Futures on the NASDAQ 100 gained 0.063% to 3568.00 . As of 074:08 a.m. ET Over the course of December, the main U.S. stock market indexes have risen by 2% to 3%. This caps off a record-setting year that saw the NASDAQ surge nearly 40% to hit a 13-year high , while the Dow and S&P 500 both hit record highs. There are a few economic data releases that could influence market sentiment in the day ahead. The latest edition of the Case-Shiller 20-city home price index will be released at 9:00 a.m. ET Tuesday . At 10:00, the Conference Board will release its monthly consumer confidence index.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11