ENP Newswire - 31 December 2013 Release date- 24122013 - TORONTO, ONTARIO - The Board of Directors of Sherritt International Corporation (TSX: S) announced today that it has received a requisition pursuant to section 105 of Business Corporations Act. The requisition requests a special meeting of Sherritt's shareholders be called to consider removing from office certain of the independent directors of Sherritt currently in place, and electing nominees submitted by the requisitioning shareholders. The Board of Directors of Sherritt will review the requisition and will provide an update in due course. About Sherritt Sherritt is a world leader in the mining and refining of nickel from lateritic ores with projects and operations in Canada , Cuba , Indonesia and Madagascar . The Corporation is the largest thermal coal producer in Canada and is the largest independent energy producer in Cuba , with extensive oil and power operations across the island. Sherritt licenses its proprietary technologies and provides metallurgical services to mining and refining operations worldwide. The Corporation's common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol 'S'. Investor Contact: Tel: 416-935-2451 Toll-Free: 1-800-704-6698 Email: email@example.com Media Contact: Tel: 416-935-2421 Toll-free: 1-888-625-3448 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org [Editorial queries for this story should be sent to email@example.com ] ((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org ))
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy in U.S.
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes
- Sbarro Files for Bankruptcy Again