Petrochemicals firm Petkim Petrokimya said on Monday that it signed an agreement with State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic's (SOCAR) subsidiary Socar Gaz Ticaret to buy natural gas next year. Petkim did not provide the other details of the agreement. Under the deal, Petkim will purchase up to 438mn Sm3 of natural gas from Socar, Petkim explained in a filing with Bourse Istanbul. Socar Turkey Petrokimya owns a 51% stake in Petkim . Petkim last week announced that SOCAR Turkey Enerji (STEAS) was arranging a USD 3.5bn worth of syndicated loan in order to finance Star refinery project which is begin built at Petkim's Aliaga complex.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?