AUSTIN, Texas , Dec. 30 -- The Texas Department of Banking issued the following news release: Banking Commissioner Charles G. Cooper announced that Menard National Bank , Menard, Texas converted to a state-chartered bank. Effective at the open of business today, the bank will commence operating under the name Menard Bank . The bank was originally chartered in 1919 in Menard, Texas , where it remains today. The $32.3 million financial institution is a wholly owned subsidiary of Menard Bancshares, Inc. , a one-bank holding company. "We are very pleased to welcome Menard Bank to the state banking system," stated Banking Commissioner Charles Cooper . TNS 30TacordaCheng-131231-4590347 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?