The 20th Shariah Supervisory Board meeting of Meezan Bank Limited was held at the Darul Uloom Korangi, Karachi . The meeting was held under the chairmanship of (Retd.) Justice Mufti Taqi Usmani and was also attended by Sheikh Essam M. Ishaq , who specially came from Bahrain for this meeting as well as Dr. Muhammad Imran Usmani , Shariah Advisor of the Bank & member of the SSB. The senior management of Meezan Bank including Mr. Irfan Siddiqui President & CEO,Mr. Ariful Islam Deputy CEO, Mr. Ahmed Ali Siddiqui - Head of Product Development along with other team members also attended the meeting. The Shariah Audit unit of the Bank gave a detailed presentation to the Board about the overall Shariah Audit methodology, performance and measures taken for improving the overall level of Shariah-compliance within the Bank. The Board appreciated the role and activities of the Shariah Audit unit. The Board was very happy with the level of Shariah-compliance of overall business and transactions of Meezan Bank . The Board also congratulated the Bank on winning the Global Islamic Finance award for `Best Research & Development’. It praised the commitment and efforts of the Bank's management in ensuring Shariah-compliance within the organization and commented that Meezan Bank is considered as a role model among Islamic banks in the world.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?