HONG KONG , December 31 , SinoCast -- Media reports quoted person in the know saying that Hong Kong and Mainland China will ink agreement to allow local funds to be sold to retail investors in each other, which will involve cross-border stocks and securities investment up to tens of billions US dollar. Mutual fund recognition will start from first quarter of 2014 at the soonest, allowing funds registered in Hong Kong and the Mainland to be traded in the other market. Mutual fund recognition may finally be extended to London , Paris , Taiwan and Singapore that have inked similar agreement with the Mainland to allow CNY investment in China .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11