finance sector in Jordan, Lebanon --> AMMAN — Grameen-Jameel announced Monday in a press statement that it has approved two loans worth $2 million divided equally between "Microfund for Women" (MFW) in Jordan and the " Lebanese Association for Development "Al Majmoua" in order to help both institutions to expand their operations and increase their outreach to the largest possible number of poor borrowers and contribute to the expansion of the growing microfinance sector in the Middle East and North Africa . With these two new loans, Grameen-Jameel will help MFW and Al Majmoua to increase their number of borrowers by another 3,500 underprivileged households in Jordan and Lebanon . According to the press release, Grameen-Jameel has dedicated its support to Jordan's Tawmeelcom and MFW, with the provision of near $4 million in financial support and technical assistance.
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy in U.S.
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes