U.S. shares open colors with low volume in markets ahead of the beginning of the new year. Data released today showed that pending home sales advanced 0.2 percent in November, compared with both revised and predicted readings of -1.2 percent and 1.0 percent. The market is predicted to remain dominated by random movements before the beginning of 2014. As of 10:04 EST , Dow Jones rose 0.04% to 16485.28 points, and NASDAQ slipped 0.21% to 4147.82 points. Standard and Poor's edged down 0.07% to reach 1840.04 points, as of 09:49 EST .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign