"Good Morning America" co-anchor Robin Roberts announced on Facebook she is a lesbian and has a longtime girlfriend, massage therapist Amber Laign.
"I am grateful for my entire family, my longtime girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together," Roberts wrote in a posting Sunday.
The couple have been together for 10 years since they met through mutual friends, People.com said.
Roberts is a breast cancer survivor who was treated for myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare blood disorder, this year.
In her posting, Roberts thanks Laign, her family and friends for their love and support through her health crises.
Original headline: Robin Roberts says she is a lesbian; has a longtime partner
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation