"Good Morning America" co-anchor Robin Roberts announced on Facebook she is a lesbian and has a longtime girlfriend, massage therapist Amber Laign.
"I am grateful for my entire family, my longtime girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together," Roberts wrote in a posting Sunday.
The couple have been together for 10 years since they met through mutual friends, People.com said.
Roberts is a breast cancer survivor who was treated for myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare blood disorder, this year.
In her posting, Roberts thanks Laign, her family and friends for their love and support through her health crises.
Original headline: Robin Roberts says she is a lesbian; has a longtime partner
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks