"Good Morning America" co-anchor Robin Roberts announced on Facebook she is a lesbian and has a longtime girlfriend, massage therapist Amber Laign.
"I am grateful for my entire family, my longtime girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together," Roberts wrote in a posting Sunday.
The couple have been together for 10 years since they met through mutual friends, People.com said.
Roberts is a breast cancer survivor who was treated for myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare blood disorder, this year.
In her posting, Roberts thanks Laign, her family and friends for their love and support through her health crises.
Original headline: Robin Roberts says she is a lesbian; has a longtime partner
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook