"Good Morning America" co-anchor Robin Roberts announced on Facebook she is a lesbian and has a longtime girlfriend, massage therapist Amber Laign.
"I am grateful for my entire family, my longtime girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together," Roberts wrote in a posting Sunday.
The couple have been together for 10 years since they met through mutual friends, People.com said.
Roberts is a breast cancer survivor who was treated for myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare blood disorder, this year.
In her posting, Roberts thanks Laign, her family and friends for their love and support through her health crises.
Original headline: Robin Roberts says she is a lesbian; has a longtime partner
Most Popular Stories
- 'Planet of the Apes' Thumps the Competition
- Deaths Mount in Gaza Airstrikes
- Ex-CalPERS Chief Admits Receiving Bribes
- Kerry Holds Nuke Talks With Iran
- Citigroup to Pay $7 Billion to Settle Subprime Probe
- U.S.' No. 2, No. 3 Tobacco Cos in Merger Talks
- Musk Donates to Tesla Museum
- Volkswagen to Build New SUV in Tennessee
- Terrific World Cup Ends with Marquee Final in Brazil
- Banco Espirito Stock Falls Despite New CEO