Computer and internet users in
Desktop internet is dominating with 91% owning a PC at home and 45% also own a smartphone or tablet. About 18% cite smartphones/tablets as their primary device, The Technology Times reported.
According to the survey, mobile devices are gaining popularity as 86% users prefer PCs to access the internet daily, 77% use smartphones, 73% use feature phones and 59% use tablets for internet access.
This trend follows a decline in prices of smartphones and tablets and the much-anticipated launch of 3G services.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11