Pop star Carly Rae Jepsen is to play the titular princess in the Broadway production of "Cinderella," producers announced.
The "Call Me Maybe" singer will begin her 12-week limited engagement Feb. 4 at the Broadway Theatre in Manhattan.
"Broadway has been a dream of mine since I was a little girl and I look forward to working with this incredibly talented cast to tell this classic tale," Jepsen said in a statement Sunday. "These last few years have been a real fairy tale come to life for me, so I feel especially blessed to play this part and be reminded that you must never stop dreaming."
Jepsen will replace Laura Osnes, who is to complete her yearlong engagement in January.
Also joining the cast Feb. 4 is the previously-announced Fran Drescher as Cinderella's stepmother, Madame.
Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Carly Rae Jepsen to play Cinderella on Broadway
Most Popular Stories
- Colo. Raises $3.5 Million in Pot Revenue
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- HBO No Go During 'True Detective' Finale
- Neil Young Debuts PonoMusic This Week
- Uninsured Rate Continues to Fall
- FBI Helping Ukraine Recover Stolen Billions
- Kim Jong Un Elected in Remarkable Unanimous Vote
- Rodman Calls It Quits With Kim Jong Un
- Growth Expected if Congress Passes Budget
- Shipwright Jobs Offered in N.C.