EMEA Finance Barwa Bank has been named "Best Islamic Bank in Qatar " at the Awards 2013. EMEA Finance is a leading bimonthly global industry publication that reports on the major events and happenings across the financial services industry in Europe , Middle East , and Africa (the EMEA region). Barwa Bank CEO Steve Troop said, "Winning the 'Best Islamic Bank in Qatar ' honour from such a prominent publication is a notable achievement and one we are proud of. We have a strong team of dedicated people at Barwa Bank and this recognises their commitment to the delivery of high quality products and services tailored to specific customer groups combined with superior customer service." This is the fourth time this year that Barwa Bank has been recognised as "Best Islamic Bank" by international trade magazines. Barwa Bank participates in finance facility for QPI unit Barwa Bank has announced its participation of $123mn in a finance facility for Qatar Petroleum International Upstream OPC, a fully owned subsidiary of Qatar Petroleum International Limited (QPI). This facility will be utilised to part finance Qatar Petroleum International Upstream OPC for its investment in Total's operations in Congo. The investment is through a share capital increase in Total E&P Congo resulting in QPI holding a 15% share of the company. Barwa Bank CEO Steve Troop welcomed Barwa Bank's participation in this important project and said the bank's involvement was a sign of its dedication and commitment to supporting Qatar's global investment strategy and regional cooperation. Barwa Bank affirmed its interest in participating in future local and international projects funded by the Qatari Government. Barwa Bank general manager (wholesale and business banking) Khalid al-Ahbabi said, "The selection of Barwa Bank for this deal is an important achievement for us financially and strategically. With Barwa Bank's expertise in arranging project financing, we are fast becoming a strategic choice for major local, regional and international companies."
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?