Film star Vin Diesel joined fans on the California street where his longtime friend and frequent collaborator Paul Walker was killed in a weekend car crash.
"If he could see for himself that all of you have showed up to show my brother love at this hard time, and the family gets to see all of you show the love that you've shown Paul, it's going to stay with me forever," People.com quoted Diesel as telling the mourners over a police car's loudspeaker in Santa Clarita Monday.
"I just wanted to say thank you," he said. "Thank you for coming down here and showing that angel up in heaven how much you appreciated him."
The Los Angeles Sheriff's Department said Monday the Porsche in which Walker was killed was traveling alone at a high speed.
The "Fast and the Furious" star and his friend, Roger Rodas, were killed Saturday afternoon when the car Rodas was driving smashed into a light pole.
The cause of the collision remains under investigation.
Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Vin Diesel thanks fans at Paul Walker crash scene
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline