Work schedule flexibility is the most desirable non-financial benefit to employees as businesses across the country find new nontraditional ways to stand out as attractive employers, according to a U.S. poll by Monster.com.
The next most popular benefit is personal time off/vacation carry-over, while the less attractive options include: childcare availability, education reimbursement, and employee parties/social activities.
"Even the most dedicated employees value a healthy work/life balance," said Mary Ellen Slayter, Career Advice Expert for Monster.com, in a statement. "These findings show that flexibility and free time are more important than some of the other, often novel benefits.
Other findings from the Monster.com poll are as follows:
• 69 percent of respondents selected: flexible work schedule/work life balance
• 17 percent of respondents selected: personal time off/vacation carry over
• 8 percent of respondents selected: education reimbursement
• 4 percent of respondents selected: childcare availability
• 2 percent of respondents selected: employee parties/social activities
Source: Monster Worldwide, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Fiat Chrysler to Build 3 Jeeps in China
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text