Work schedule flexibility is the most desirable non-financial benefit to employees as businesses across the country find new nontraditional ways to stand out as attractive employers, according to a U.S. poll by Monster.com.
The next most popular benefit is personal time off/vacation carry-over, while the less attractive options include: childcare availability, education reimbursement, and employee parties/social activities.
"Even the most dedicated employees value a healthy work/life balance," said Mary Ellen Slayter, Career Advice Expert for Monster.com, in a statement. "These findings show that flexibility and free time are more important than some of the other, often novel benefits.
Other findings from the Monster.com poll are as follows:
• 69 percent of respondents selected: flexible work schedule/work life balance
• 17 percent of respondents selected: personal time off/vacation carry over
• 8 percent of respondents selected: education reimbursement
• 4 percent of respondents selected: childcare availability
• 2 percent of respondents selected: employee parties/social activities
Source: Monster Worldwide, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction