Jennifer Lopez is being honored by the March of Dimes.
Lopez, the 44-year-old mother of 5-year-old twins, Maximilian and Emme, will receive the Grace Kelly Award at the eighth annual March of Dimes luncheon at the Beverly Hills Hotel on Friday. She's being recognized as a celebrity parent role model supporting women giving birth to healthy babies after full-term pregnancies.
The 75-year-old nonprofit organization aims to prevent birth defects, premature births and infant mortality.
A&E networks President and CEO Nancy Dubuc and Dr. Balaji Govindaswami, chief of newborn medicine at the Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, will also be honored.
Lopez said in a statement: "As a mother myself, I am aware of the importance of healthful pregnancies and babies."
Reese Witherspoon was honored at last year's event.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Jennifer Lopez to receive parenting honor
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades