Washington, Dec. 3 (ANI): Former Madoff CFO Frank DiPascali has testified in a US court that the fraudster's Ponzi scheme was an open secret at the company.
Bernie Madoff's long-time right-hand appeared at the Manhattan federal trial of five former employees of the crooked investment firm.
According to the New York Post, he has given the first insider's perspective into the massive 65 billion dollars fraud.
DiPascali, an admitted fraudster-turned-star-government witness, told jurors they allegedly knew their con-man boss was committing fraud, and that they all profited handsomely from it.
The 57-year-old said that he realized fake trading was rampant at the firm shortly after dropping out of college at 19 to take an entry-level job there in 1975, the report said.
DiPascali testified that he got the job through defendant Annette Bongiorno, Madoff's longtime secretary, who was his next door neighbour in Howard Beach, Queens. (ANI)
(c) 2013 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: 'Ponzi king' Bernie Madoff's CFO testifies scam 'was open secret in company'
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Maya Angelou Cancels Milagro Gala Appearance Due to Illness
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- Goya Nutritionist Answers Demand for Healthy Hispanic Dishes
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Getty Releases Millions of Images for Free Via Embed Tool