Washington, Dec. 3 (ANI): Former Madoff CFO Frank DiPascali has testified in a US court that the fraudster's Ponzi scheme was an open secret at the company.
Bernie Madoff's long-time right-hand appeared at the Manhattan federal trial of five former employees of the crooked investment firm.
According to the New York Post, he has given the first insider's perspective into the massive 65 billion dollars fraud.
DiPascali, an admitted fraudster-turned-star-government witness, told jurors they allegedly knew their con-man boss was committing fraud, and that they all profited handsomely from it.
The 57-year-old said that he realized fake trading was rampant at the firm shortly after dropping out of college at 19 to take an entry-level job there in 1975, the report said.
DiPascali testified that he got the job through defendant Annette Bongiorno, Madoff's longtime secretary, who was his next door neighbour in Howard Beach, Queens. (ANI)
(c) 2013 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: 'Ponzi king' Bernie Madoff's CFO testifies scam 'was open secret in company'
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Alfonso Wins Executive of the Year Award
- German Firm Starts Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- Five Secrets for Keeping a Job
- The 420 on the Hemp Products Giveaway
- Miami Attorney Being Honored for Charity Work
- U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Edged Up in April
- Study: Casual Marijuana Use May Cause Brain Changes
- Coca-Cola Soda Sales Lose Pop